Pages

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Voting

I love to vote. (Newsflash: I am a nerd.) All day on Tuesday I kept saying things like: "enough of this, I need to go so I can vote." I'm not sure my TA appreciated that when I said it to her during our break in my evening class. Oh well, she'd already voted and made it clear (without actually using names) who she'd voted for. That's fine, I knew who I was voting for when I got my chance. It just didn't happen to be the same person. No biggie.

After class I zipped home to my local fire station. I signed my name, and I waited my turn. It was over so quick, but I still felt like I'd accomplished something worthwhile.

As I was leaving I asked the lady manning my booth if that would be my last opportunity with the old style voting booths. She said there was a chance we'd still be using them come November, and I certainly hope so. The one time I've used a different method for voting was when I lived in Florida. And we all remember how well that turned out.

5 comments:

Smellyann said...

I love voting, too! It's a shame more people don't do it. I think every single time I've voted, there has been a different method, I swear. I *always* ask them for help to make sure I get it right, LOL!!

BerryBird said...

One of these days I will have to forfeit my independent status and become affiliated so I can vote in primaries.

Jenny F. Scientist said...

I always get there ten minutes before it closes.

We just went to optical-scan and I LOVE it. Electronic counting! Paper record! It's like magic! I miss the giant lever, though: that CLUNK was very satisfying.

Momma Val said...

Thanks for inspiring me to "Think Outside the Bottle." I took the pledge. That is really cool. I will buy a bottle of water if I am completely desperate but I always ask for a cup of water at restaurants . . . . . . it drives my husband nuts. Hee! Hee!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I used to be an independent, but decided I wanted to vote ion the primaries. But in Michigan, you can be an independent and still vote int he primaries. Cool.

Michigan has paper ballots. I miss the old machines! :-(

I like to vote too, but it bums me out that my cote prolly won't count this year. I voted anyway.