Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Good Day, All Things Considered

Today I chose to ignore the fever, the cough, and the elephant sitting on my chest to pay a visit to the school I will be student teaching in in two weeks. I observed the 3 classes I will be teaching to get a feel for the students and for how my host teacher operates.

I made notes to myself including things like:
  1. get red pens
  2. find pencils
  3. find blank weekly lesson plan template (on-line?)
  4. wear pants with pockets (preferably with back pockets)
I wrote down lots of other more specific-to-her-classroom details, but I won't share those. I wonder if I should buy some black jeans. I'm pretty sure I made it through the 80s without a pair, but I've heard that 80s fashions are back.

FF was kind enough to bring me some cold medicine. Now my nose seems snuffed up too. Bonus.

5 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I had that cold, the one I had, it started in my lungs and then moved to my head and there was one night I couldn't sleep at all because my nose was thoroughly plugged.

But I don't think you can send cold viruses over the computer lines.

SORRY --hope you feel better! Soon!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I was on a black-pants kick for a LONG time! That was partly because I could wear black jeans but not blue jeans to work.

Momma Val said...

Ooh, snort salt water or buy some Ocean (saline spray from Walgreens) and squirt up there VERY frequently. World of a difference. Hope you feel better.

Smellyann said...

Ugh, I'm sorry you're sick, too. At least you were productive, unlike me! My plans consist of sleep and more sleep, as children permit. :p

Did you enjoy the day with 'your' class?

Coffeypot said...

Did you remember to jot down handcuffs and flimsy canes? How about a first aid kit? I didn’t realize how much preparation was involved in getting ready to teach a class. Oh, and don’t forget the duct tape for their cut little mouths. Can you wear cargo pants? There are plenty of pockets for things like guns for self-defense, pepper spray, things a teacher might need in today’s classes.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, too.