Pages

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Prepare to be bored silly...

The ice storm is over, but some of the ice still remains. It's not as impressive as it was last night when I got home from work to find tree branches that I can normally walk under touching the ground under the weight of the ice. Small branches are down everywhere in my yard, and I can see spring clean-up just got a whole lot more labor-intensive. I'm sure if I were more inclined there would be some good photo-ops, but alas I have to much to do to go wandering about with camera in hand.

I am on page 64 of the 196 page book that I'm supposed to have read by Tuesday night. FYI: assigning a whole book to be read in one week is tyranny. We do have other classes and, ya know, lives. (Well, not that I have a life, but I do have a job.) I have another whole book to be finished by Monday. I'm on page 76 of 127 for that one. Plus, there's another chapter in another book that I haven't even bothered to check its length. Because really, does it matter at this point? And to top it all off, the first draft of my unit plan is due on Wednesday. Guess I should start that soon.

Still reading?

4 comments:

DancingFish said...

Why do they always do that? V had 400 pages of reading his first week of the semmester. Craziness!

BerryBird said...

It has got to be especially tough to have all that reading at the beginning of the semester when you don't know the prof well yet. I am sure later on, you will have a better sense of which readings are essential and which can be ignored. Good luck!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Phew, lots of work! Hope you somehow manage it. Good luck!

WAHN!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

bit of a giggle in here, too, sorry