Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm done with this month

Today was another good day in student teaching land. I'm starting to learn names. We did a lab today and I think we'll be doing another tomorrow. Snacks were a good idea.

On the home front, I showered today with water heated by my new used hot water heater. Its previous owners only used it for a couple months before replacing it with a gas version. It was given to me free of charge, and my contractor installed it for half the price another guy quoted me at. I hope it will live long and prosper. And perhaps be more energy efficient. I'd considered taking a picture of it, but then I realized no one else would be interested.

I'm experiencing a stabbing pain in the front of my right shoulder. It seems to be most associated with reaching for the mouse at my work computer. It's not cool.

Also not cool is this frigid weather. I would like to state my objection to the leap year business. I don't think anything should be done to elongate February. Couldn't we tack an extra day onto June?

4 comments:

Smellyann said...

I second the motion to lengthen June instead of February. Glad teaching went well today!

BerryBird said...

I am terribly disappointed not to be viewing a photograph of your new hot water heater. How cool to get it free!

Anonymous said...

Yo-I'm with Berrybird. Of course we want to see your new hot water heater! It was free after all! :)

And yes, lengthen June...or any month between May and September, but not February. Yuck. I'm so done with this month.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL! I love the idea of lengthening a month OTHER than February, but I'd go for May.

WOW! That's cool that you got the water heater free--YAY!

I agree, may it live long and prosper--and you too!