Pages

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Hair Cut

One of the things I did after leaving work early on Friday was get my hair cut. For just about 19 months I've been cutting my own hair. This is not something I know anything about. I merely divided my hair in two chunks at the back, pulled the sections forward and hacked off some length. It was not even remotely even, but I guess when you have long hair you can get away with a little less uniformity. Heck, I even interviewed for and got hired into a new job with my homemade hair cut and no makeup.

For 19 months I cut my own hair because I was unwilling to be away from my son for even the length of time it takes to have it professionally cut. I also didn't want to spend the money, even at one of the super cheap chains. But on Friday I finally did both: spent the money and the time away from my son. And yes, both he and I survived. And yes, my hair may be more even (or not, those places are not exactly offering high quality hair dos).

I expect it'll be a good long time before I do it again though. Maybe I can find a salon to go to on my lunch next time so I don't have to miss any time with my son.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

As my parents would often say, I must have been brung up in a barn, because I totally don't get the whole point of paying someone to cut yr hair. Unless it pleases you, in which case, that is a good enough reason. Like totally. Me, I either cut it myself or the hubster does it for me. SO, I hope you enjoyed it and it pleases you. :D

a/k/a Nadine said...

The actual process of having my hair cut doesn't necessarily please me (forced small talk, ugh), but the end result does. And doing it myself in NO WAY pleases me, so I do think for ME it is worth the occasional $15. :-)