Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekends

Weekends are for unwinding and spending time with my son.

And that's exactly what I did this weekend. Nothing exciting. No big outings or activities. Walks in the neighborhood, playing in the leaves, our usual grocery store run, and a semi-regular trip to Target. We sang, we played, we watched Elmo videos. We hugged, we kissed, and we even snuggled for a few minutes (thank you, Elmo).

I watched some of my shows, did not enough laundry, swept the kitchen floor, vacuumed a fraction of what needed vacuuming, and said the heck with the rest. A tidy house is never going to be a priority for me.

My priorities should be pretty clear: my son and getting us both outside. Check. Check.

Burning bush, Euonymus alatus, in the yard of one of the many vacant houses in my neighborhood.


Around the block we go.

Joining Karen at Pumpkin Sunrise.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Such a darling boy! So glad you have your priorities straight! YAY! :D

karen said...

those kind of weekends are the BEST. doing just the regular stuff around the house :)