Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Small Town Feel

It's been another mundane weekend, but I don't mind. It would've been nice to go somewhere interesting for a hike, but I did try a new route on the state land nearby. I also walked in my neighborhood twice, so I got in not just my hoped for two walks but a third as well.

I know suburbia doesn't appeal to everyone, but it suits me well for the most part. Obviously, parts of me would still love to be out among farm fields or woods, but I also enjoy the convenience of being close to all the amenities.

I like that the neighbors say hi or stop to chat about our dogs. I like seeing everyone out for walks in the evening. I like all the well-groomed lawns and gardens.

I'm not very good at the keeping-up-with-the-Joneses aspect of suburbia. I never seem to have as much money, time, or energy as the neighbors. But I do take pride in each accomplishment in the yard. Hopefully, people can see that I am trying.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

You do have a fairly good location there, close to stores and also close to nature. farm fields not too far off.

(check out my little quizzy).

I'm sorry I don't have time to read all the posts, maybe when I get back. AK!

a/k/a Nadine said...

Yes, but a lot of those farm fields are under threat by bulldozers for new McMansion developments. Grrr.