Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

You're Fired!

Since Contractor #2 still had not submitted his insurance certificate, I had FF call and give him the old heave-ho. Contractor #1 has agreed to sub-contract the work, so hopefully I can get this portion of the mortgage wrapped up soon.

It's quite a relief to be rid of #2 because after all of this hassle with the paperwork, I was beginning to doubt whether he'd ever show up to do the job. His quality of work probably would have been lacking too.

I hope whoever does the exterior work will be careful of my plants (yes, I realize how slim the chances of that are).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Hope you can move forward with all this stuff soon!

BerryBird said...

Glad to hear about the heaving of #2, who did not sound in the least like someone you'd want to trust your house with.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Aieeee, glad to hear #2 was heaved and hope that you get someone worthwhile, what an ordeal.

I left a parting quiz on no polar--please visit before the 28th and participate.