Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sign here, here, and here

Closing done. I signed and initialled so many times that I barely recognized my name by the end.

It was fairly anticlimatical considering there were no keys exchanged and I already live in the house. I feel like I ought to do something special to celebrate, but my back hurts and I'm awfully tired. I think more strawberry shortcake is the best I can come up with.

Now that closing has been accomplished it's time to move on to the construction phase. I can't say that I'm anxious to start that process. I'll see if I can get FF to phone Contractor to see when he plans to start work (technically work must begin within 30 days of closing).

I'm going to have to start buying the Sunday paper so I can clip my name from the Real Estate section. I own my own home!

(Also worthy of note, this is my 200th post! Wow!)

5 comments:

BerryBird said...

Congratulations!! How happy you be to be moving on to the next step and crossing this off the list. But how is it that you seem to have an endless supply of strawberries? Ours were gone by Tuesday! Did you pick again?

a/k/a Nadine said...

No, I wish. Those berries were mucho better. FF and I made a deal where he supplies the berries, ice cream, and whipped cream and I bake the biscuits and cut up the berries. But that means I can't eat mine until he gets here.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! I know you must be excited to finally be a home owner. Good luck on the next phase...

BerryBird said...

OK, I realized I lied and we ate the last of our berries Monday nihgt. Is FF buying local berries, at least? It sounds like he is vying for a promotion up to BF, bribing you wiith all these berries.

jo(e) said...

Congrats!