Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

No Closing

So clearly I didn't close on my house yesterday.

Contractor #2 dropped off his paperwork at my house sometime on Wednesday without letting me know. I would've left work immediately to race home and get it to the mortgage company. As it was, I managed to make it to the UPS store before they closed and paid their astronomical rates to fax it.

His insurance company failed to fax me his certificate though, so I was forced to call him again yesterday morning. I gave him the mortgage company's fax number and let them know to expect the fax. Have I heard from them again? No.

I wonder if they will give out comment cards when the transaction is complete. 'Cause I got me some comments.

I have some comments for the owner of the dumpster as well. How many weeks does it take after you call and before he comes and picks it up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Nadine. Buying a house is teh pits!

BerryBird said...

The bank doesn't get to choose which contractor you use do they? Because I can't imagine you want anything further to do with this jerk at this point.

a/k/a Nadine said...

But I also don't want to have to start the whole process over...